CARL LOEWE: BALLADEN & LIEDER
Carl Loewe was a German composer, tenor singer and conductor. In his lifetime, his songs were well enough known for some to call him the "Schubert of North Germany", and Hugo Wolf came to admire his work. He is less known today, but his ballads and songs, which number over 400, are occasionally performed. His treatment of long narrative poems, in a clever mixture of the dramatic and lyrical styles and has been copied by many composers since his day. One of his strengths as a composer are his imaginative and, at times, daring accompaniments, which are often atmospheric and exploit the piano's sonorous and tonal potential.
1. Prinz Eugen, Op.92
2. Trommel-Ständchen, Op.123 Nr.2
3. Heinrich der Vogler, Op.56 Nr.1
4. Die drei Lieder, Op.3 Nr.3
5. Die Uhr, Op.123 Nr.3
6. Hochzeitslied Op.20 Nr.1
7. Elvershöh, Op.3 Nr.2
8. Der Heilige Franziskus, Op.75 Nr.3
1. Odins Meeresritt, Op.118
2. Der Nöck, Op.129 Nr.2
3. Die Gruft der Liebenden, Op.21
1. Der getreue Eckart, Op.44
2. Wandrers Nachtlied, Op.9
3. Im Vorübergehen, Op.81
4. Canzonette, O.op
5. Frühzeitiger Frühling, Op.79
6. Ich denke dein, Op.9
7. Freibeuter, O.op
8. Der Zauberlehrling, Op.20
1. Der Totentanz, Op.44
2. Gutmann und Gutweib, Op.9
3. Turmwächter Lynceus zu den Fußen der Helena, Op.20
4. Lynceus, der Türmer, auf fausts Sternwarte singend, Op.9
5. Wenn der Blüten Frühlingsregen, O.op
6. Die wandelnde Glocke, Op.20
7. Gottes ist der Orient, Op.22
Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau, baritone
Jorg Demus, piano
The sleeve is VERY GOOD/EXCELLENT, consistent with age.
Records graded visually to RRPG grade EXCELLENT.
We recommend that the records are cleaned by a professional to maximise the sound quality.