The Studio Art Magazine, 1897. Number 47 February, 1897 to Number 50, May, 1897.
Founded in 1893 by Charles Holmes to promote fine and applied arts, The Studio was the preeminent art journal of the Arts and Craft movement. During the early years, The Studio commissioned original graphic works that were included in its periodical magazine. Artists included Whistler, Pennell, Brangwyn, Riviere and others. Original graphics (as catalogued by Alan Wofsy Fine Arts) included in this volume are: Battledore by Robert Anning Bell, Le Puy by Joseph Pennell, The Smith's Yard by James McNeill Whistler and others - see supplement photo.
Many of the plates, and original graphics, are embossed with the stamp of The Studio.
Book condition: Bound in green buckram, with gilt lettering and design. Edges red speckled. Corners bumped, spine faded with some chipping. Internally clean, with tissue guards covering many of the plates. One page loose. Ex library with some library stamps on first pages and with bookplate from prior owner on title page. Some tanning to page edges,